Salmon with Tabbouleh Stuffed Tomatoes is a fun an excellent way to have a healthy meal with a taste of ethnic appeal without spending a fortune!
Salmon: Delicious and well known, Salmon is a great source of easy digestible proteins known as amino acids,as well as fatty acids like Omega-3 Fatty acids in form of Triglyceride. salmon is also very rich in vitamins like vitamin-D, vitamin-A and some vitamin-B.Salmon also contains minerals like Selenium, Zinc, Phosphorus, Calcium and Iron.
Tabbouleh: One of the healthiest salads you’ll ever eat. It’s a Middle Eastern salad made with fresh herbs, such as parsley, mint, bulgur whole wheat, tomatoes, onions and seasonings. It is a great alternative to a regular salad. The main ingredient of Tabbouleh is Bulgur Wheat.There are 5 grams of fiber per serving in Bulgur wheat and many of the daily required vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to maintain a healthy diet.Tabouleh will fill you up and you will stay contented for hours.
2-3 Organic Salmon Fillets 1 Box Tabbouleh Salad Mix
3 Organic Tomatoes Olive oil
2 Lemons 2 Limes
Earth Balance Organic Vegetable Spread 1 Bunch Asparagus
Feta Cheese Shredded Italian Blend Cheese
1. Pre Pare Tabbouleh by placing mix in bowl and adding 2 tbsp of olive oil and half a fresh squeezed lemon over top and one diced tomato, mix thoroughly and allow to sit in fridge for at least one hour.
2. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
3. Place Salmon in Baking pan and add a little olive oil to top of Salmon. Then lightly rub each fillet with Earth Balance Spread.
4. Squeeze one lemon and one lime over Salmon, then slice one lemon and one lime and place over Salmon.
5. Place Salmon in oven and allow to bake for 35 minutes.
6. While Salmon is baking, fill a large pot with water and allow to boil.Turn down temperature to low and add asparagus let it cook slowly until for about 10-15 minutes.
7. Hollow out two tomatoes and add Tabbouleh mix into the tomato. Top with Feta Cheese and Shredded Cheese. Place in oven for 5 minutes. I usually add it to the oven about 5 minutes before the fish is finished.
8. Remove asparagus from pot and drain.
9. Remove Salmon and tomatoes from oven.
Enjoy your healthy meal!!